Keter has some great news if you’re looking to escape the constant upkeep that wooden sheds demand. You can say goodbye to those maintenance woes with these 3 sturdy resin storage sheds. Premier sheds are built to last, require minimal upkeep and combine classic style with functionality.
Let’s examine what makes these sheds so special and why they make the perfect outdoor storage solution for all your garden tools and equipment, BBQs, bicycles, and DIY tools.
Robust build combines with weather-resistance resin
Made of an ultra-rugged, durable resin that’s weather-resistant and UV-protected, the Premier shed is built to last. The design also benefits from having double wall panelling within its build, making it a lot more robust than a standard shed. Thick, rib-reinforced, double-wall panels provide extra strength and rigidity, ensuring that your belongings are kept safe and secure.
One of the standout features of the Premier range is the wide double doors. Access is made easy, even for storing large items like lawnmowers and bicycles. Built-in ventilation provides ample airflow, which helps to keep your items safe and dry while the window and skylight deliver daylight inside, making it easier to find what you’re looking for.
To protect against mud and rainwater, there is a heavy-duty floor panel. This helps to keep all your contents dry, safe, and secure when not in use. The lockable double doors with their integrated latch provide added security, keeping your things safe and protected (padlock not included).
3 Sizes of Sturdy Resin Sheds
Premier sheds come in three different sizes: 7.5 x 7 ft, 7.5 x 9 ft, and the super-spacious 7.5 x 11 ft. No matter how much storage space you need, there’s a Premier shed with the right dimensions for you.
An occasional wash-down replaces maintenance
Ease of maintenance is the superior feature of the Premier shed. It’s all-weather resistant, easy to clean, and does not fade over time. Plus, it comes with a 10-year warranty, so you can have peace of mind knowing that your shed will last for years to come.
Overall, the Premier range is the perfect solution for anyone who wants a low-maintenance, high-quality storage option for their garden tools and equipment. With its classic wood panel-effect styling and thick double-wall panels, the Premier shed is built to last. So, say goodbye to maintenance woes, all that’s required is an occasional washdown.
A few things worth considering about Premier’s Sturdy Resin Sheds
Despite offering a multitude of advantages, these low-maintenance sheds have a few disadvantages to consider. Let’s go through them together.
1. Durability: Manufactured into sturdy polypropylene resin fascia panels, it’s designed to withstand harsh weather conditions, including heavy rain and snow. This means that your shed will last for years to come, without the need for constant upkeep and repairs.
2. Easy assembly: Unlike traditional wooden sheds that require extensive construction and installation, Premier resin sheds are straightforward to assemble. Most models come with pre-cut and pre-drilled pieces, simplifying the assembly process with a few basic tools.
3. Stylish design: A modern look and stylish design that complements any garden setting.
4. Low maintenance: Requires very little maintenance compared to traditional wooden sheds. No painting or staining is required – they are resistant to rot, decay, and insect damage.
5. Sturdy: Extremely durable and robust, thick double wall panels add greater strength and rigidity
However, there are a few things to consider:
1. Limited customization: Resin sheds do not offer the same level of customization as wooden sheds. For example, you cannot easily add windows and shelving or change the layout of the shed. The popular Keter Oakland Sheds or the new range of Composite Newton Sheds seem to be better for customizing.
2. Less insulation: Wooden sheds provide better insulation, which can be a disadvantage if you plan on using a resin shed all year round as a workspace.
3. Security?: Resin sheds may not be as secure as metal sheds, however, the new models have dramatically improved the security features with their stainless steel locking systems
If security is a priority, Asgard Steel sheds are worth checking out
4. Assembly headaches: Although the concept of assembly is to follow each step of the instructions in the order they are presented, there are oodles of screws – it can be a daunting task for the novice DIYer.
Overall, Keter’s Premier resin sheds offer an excellent option for those needing extra storage space. They are durable, virtually maintenance-free, easy to assemble, and look very stylish. However, it is important to take note of the few downsides. Ultimately, it is up to you to decide which type of shed is best suited for your needs and budget.
Don’t skip the foundations – this is the most important part
Before you make your mind up on which type of storage shed, take note of the importance of building your shed on a solid and level foundation.
Firstly, building on solid ground that’s laid perfectly level ensures the stability and longevity of the shed. You can use materials such as wood decking, concrete or paving slabs to create a level surface. And, make sure the foundation is slightly raised above ground level to allow rainwater to quickly drain away from the shed.
Now, let’s talk about anchoring your shed down onto the foundation. This is crucial to prevent the shed from being blown away or damaged during a storm. Anchoring requires using the correct type of wood or masonry screws & fixings or anchor bolts. These can be easily purchased online or from your local hardware store.
Level foundations enable your shed to stand perpendicular to the ground which helps the doors, windows and wall panels to line up correctly which speeds up the build. The last thing you want is a wonky-looking shed.
So, to sum things up, constructing a resin shed on a solid and level foundation and firmly anchoring it down is crucial for its stability, longevity, and safety. Take the time to invest in a proper foundation and anchoring system – you’ll be able to enjoy your shed for years to come.
Thanks for reading, and happy shed building!
Disclaimer: I do my best to provide accurate information, however, I may make mistakes. Please check the Seller’s description, read the comments and ask the Seller any questions you may have.